Friday, October 14, 2011

My upgraded system showing the two new 70W panels giving out 8 amps, running into the combiner box that I made in another video, then running to my charge controller to charge my batteries. I changed from running my inverter from the charge controller to running it directly from the batteries. I only use about 400w at a time from my 1200w inverter so nothing is at capacity and all of my wires are very cool. I upgraded my cables from the charge controller to the batteries to #10 AWG solid core wires also. Now I have 8 batteries for a total battery bank of 880 amp/hours. This runs most of my household lights and a 19" color TV every night. With my new panels, I am charged up by about 2 pm the next day. I usually do not discharge my batteries more than 25% per day.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euv9fv7hoF8&hl=en

0 comments: